Many homes have older landscape lighting systems, but it’s definitely worth considering upgrading to an LED system.
- LED lights are extremely energy efficient. They consume up to 90% less energy than traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs.
- Low energy consumption = lower carbon emissions.
- The life span of LED bulbs is about 5x longer than other bulbs.
- There are no filaments in LED bulbs. Therefore they are largely unaffected by vibration or impacts that would cause other types of bulbs to fail.
- LED lights are safer to operate as they emit less heat than incandescent bulbs.
- LED’s emit far less insect-attracting UV light than other bulbs, potentially decreasing insect activity in your landscape.
- LED’s emit light in a specific direction, thereby making it more efficient for specific lighting purposes.
- LED’s are about as maintenance free as you can get, since you will rarely have to change a bulb!
Ready to make the switch?
If you already have a landscape lighting system in place, the good news is that all the existing wiring can be re-used! Just switch to LED fixtures.
At Apple Tree Landscapes, we like to use Kichler fixtures in our designs and installations. They offer many options and a very generous manufacturer’s warranty.
We can help you with this or any other changes you’d like to make to your landscape – Give us a call!