We are currently hiring experienced technicians to join our Maintenance Division. Our maintenance programs include horticultural care for lawn and plants, as well as weekly mowing services and seasonal clean ups.
Team members must have:
- Knowledge and experience in lawn maintenance, pruning techniques, and planting.
- Experience with professional maintenance equipment (mowers, trimmers, blowers, pruners).
- Ability for the physical requirements of the job including heavy lifting and extensive walking.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work both independently or on a team.
- Valid NJ driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Fluency in English.
- NJ Pesticide Applicator licenses a plus.
- Mowing, trimming, weed control, lawn and plant fertilization and pest control, pruning, and other assorted maintenance tasks.
- Proper application of lawn and plant fertilizers and pest controls
- Completion of assigned tasks/routes within budgeted time frame and budgeted labor hours.
- Adherence to route schedule to maximize production and client satisfaction.
- Providing accurate reporting of daily work performed with properly completed paperwork.
- Demonstrating respect for client properties and fulfillment of client requests
- Performing quality work with no call backs.
- Proactively identifying items needing attention on client properties and reporting those items to management (plant replacements, etc)
Landscape Designer / Sales Rep
Apple Tree Landscaping has a 50+ year history of enriching and enhancing thousands of residential properties throughout central NJ. Our design and production team has over 90 years combined experience in creating livable, multi-faceted outdoor living environments, including hardscaping and stone work, outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, lighting, pools, outdoor structures, and multi layered planting schemes.
We are seeking a Landscape Designer to join our high-end residential landscape design/build firm in central NJ. This position will evolve into a lead landscape architect/project architect position as the current landscape architect is assuming a new role in the firm.
The creative, talented and well-organized individual will work closely with one of our senior architects to create some of the finest residential gardens in the state – and will see the results of their design effort in our meticulous installation.
- Working regularly with senior landscape architect to determine wants/needs of clients by taking a consultative approach to landscape design
- Conducting property surveys, taking photos, plotting survey information, developing preliminary and final designs, presenting design and proposal to clients
- Designing, drafting and rendering final plan, estimating and writing project proposals, and preparing applications for zoning and building permits.
- Locating and ordering plant and hardscape material and conducting periodic check-backs on active projects in order to provide information and layout assistance for crew chiefs and/or to conduct public relations with client.
- B.S.L.A. degree is required
- 1-3 years’ experience is preferred
- Experience in design software (Dynascape, Sketch-Up, and PhotoShop)
This is a full-time, year-round position offering a flexible work schedule and unlimited growth potential. We are located on a 16-acre farm in a quiet country setting in rural Hunterdon County NJ.