Landscape Installation and Maintenance
Apple Tree Landscaping is a design/build and property maintenance firm that has served high-end residential properties in central NJ since 1966. We are currently hiring experienced technicians to join our team.
Team members must have:
- Knowledge and experience in hardscape and softscape installations.
- Knowledge and experience in lawn maintenance, pruning techniques, and planting.
- Experience with professional landscaping equipment (mowers, trimmers, pruners, saws, skid steers).
- Ability for the physical requirements of the job including heavy lifting and extensive walking.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Valid NJ driver’s license (CDL preferred) and reliable transportation.
- Fluency in English.
Varied responsibilities, including:
- Installation of hardscape, lighting, irrigation, and plantings per design specs.
- Mowing, trimming, weed control, pruning, and other assorted maintenance tasks.
- Completion of assigned tasks within budgeted time frame/labor hours.
- Performing quality work with no call backs.
Landscape Designer / Sales Rep
Apple Tree Landscaping has a 50+ year history of enriching and enhancing thousands of residential properties throughout central NJ. Our design and production team has over 90 years combined experience in creating livable, multi-faceted outdoor living environments, including hardscaping and stone work, outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, lighting, pools, outdoor structures, and multi layered planting schemes.
We are seeking a Landscape Designer to join our high-end residential landscape design/build firm in central NJ. This position will evolve into a lead landscape architect/project architect position as the current landscape architect is assuming a new role in the firm.
The creative, talented and well-organized individual will work closely with one of our senior architects to create some of the finest residential gardens in the state – and will see the results of their design effort in our meticulous installation.
- Working regularly with senior landscape architect to determine wants/needs of clients by taking a consultative approach to landscape design
- Conducting property surveys, taking photos, plotting survey information, developing preliminary and final designs, presenting design and proposal to clients
- Designing, drafting and rendering final plan, estimating and writing project proposals, and preparing applications for zoning and building permits.
- Locating and ordering plant and hardscape material and conducting periodic check-backs on active projects in order to provide information and layout assistance for crew chiefs and/or to conduct public relations with client.
- B.S.L.A. degree is required
- 1-3 years’ experience is preferred
- Experience in design software (Dynascape, Sketch-Up, and PhotoShop)
This is a full-time, year-round position offering a flexible work schedule and unlimited growth potential. We are located on a 16-acre farm in a quiet country setting in rural Hunterdon County NJ.